Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Day of My Life

So the end of this senior project health blog is coming, and this may be the very last post unless, I pick this up again at some random point in the future. As a result, I wanted to share a day in my life to show a real life example of living an overall healthy (still with room for delicious albeit not perfectly healthy food) lifestyle. One that I hope is easily applicable to your lives. 

Today I went into Boston and was able to take a couple of pics, so I'll use today as an example. This is sort of a closer look at my life, so hello and nice to meet you!

Although today was a Wednesday, I did not have to go to school (because of this project) and thus, today's schedule wouldn't fit for a normal week day activity, but more for a weekend sort of trip.

I woke up at 4 am this morning to send my sister off to the airport, and my dad came along. We breakfasted with a leftover bao zi and a hard boiled egg. I always start my day with a tall glass of hot water with some lemon juice freshly squeezed into it. For those of you who have no idea what a bao zi is, it is a Chinese steamed stuffed bun, similar to the filling you would find in dumplings.

Then, we said our goodbyes to my darling sister and my dad and I went off to go biking at 5:30 in the morning. It was slightly chilly this morning at 47 degrees, but dressed properly we were all set to go! We parked along the beautiful Charles River. (Photos from my iPhone)


The view from Cambridge's side near MIT campus. Isn't it beautiful?


 We got out our bikes, strapped on our helmets, and rode along the river bank and crossed the bridge back into Boston. Luckily, because it was so gosh darn early, there was hardly anyone else around and it was extremely peaceful.

We rode for about two hours with a rest stop at the Boston Commons in the middle where we sat and stifled our yawns. We later headed back to our car to go find a place to eat brunch.

















With the help of Yelp, we found a cute restaurant in Somerville, MA called The Neighborhood Restaurant. The prices were great and the portions were generous as you might be able to tell from the pics. But above all, the food was delicious! I started with cream of wheat, OJ, and some coffee. Then tried a spinach and cheese omelet with some home fries. Needless to say, we left perked up from the coffee and recharged for the rest of the day. I'll use this moment to say that food is extremely important in maintaining your energy so as a result, if you're out and about all day it's fine to be more generous with your normal eating palate. You can make up for it later.

After eating, we left and explored Union Square Plaza so we could walk off some of the food. And along our way, we found this interesting painted wall and so we captured and celebrated our regained energy with a jump for joy!


Along our walk back to the car we found this:


I think it is definitely appropriate. Whenever you can, choose biking or walking over driving! It is not only healthier for the environment, but also great for your own health and fun to do.

On the way back home, I slept for half an hour and am now ready for the rest of the day. So remember, sleep is important too! Later for dinner I'll be eating lots of veggies and a little bit of protein. Then tonight, sleeping a nice good 8 hours of sleep hopefully.

Hope this helped give an example of how life can be lived healthily and can be achieved without any extra fuss. It truly is a fun and a happy lifestyle, so go out there and make the best of your life with proper fitness, nutrition, and equipped scientific knowledge! Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment